Security and Loss Prevention Management
– Duration –
10 weeks (5–10 hours per week).
– Course fees –
R5,650 (inclusive of all textbooks and examination fees, excludes textbook delivery costs).
– Certification –
Graduates receive an AHLEI Certificate for each module completed as well as an IHS Short Course Certificate.
This course explains the issues surrounding the need for individualised hotel security programs, examines a wide variety of security and safety equipment and procedures, discusses guest protection and internal security for asset protection, explores risk management and loss prevention issues, and outlines safety regulations that apply to lodging properties.
What does the programme cover?
- The importance of a comprehensive approach to risk management.
- Security and safety responsibilities of hotels.
- Key issues in developing and setting up a hotel security program.
- Slip, trip, and fall risks in hotels, hotel fire risks, risks and concerns pertaining to hotel water systems.
- Losses that affect all hotel departments, including employee and guest theft.
- Employee safety strategies.
- Bombs and bomb threats, fires, hurricanes and typhoons, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, tsunamis, blackouts, robberies, medical and dental emergencies, and terrorism.
- Media relations response in the event of an emergency situation.
- The importance of insurance in minimising financial expenses due to losses and considerations in purchasing insurance.