World of Resorts from Development to Management
10 weeks (5-10 hours per week)
R6 700 (inclusive of VAT and all textbooks and examination fees, excludes textbook delivery costs)
Students receive the IHS and AHLEI Short Course Certificate after successful completion.
This course explores the resort industry from concept and development to management and operations. Students will learn about types of resorts, resort history, facilities planning, personnel organisation, front and back of house management, resort marketing and sales and the future of resorts.
What does the programme cover?
- The resort concept
- Resort history
- Special considerations in planning and development
- The planning and development process
- Facilities Planning and Design
- Major recreational activities and facilities
- Resort Opening: Management, Staffing, and Human Resources
- Front of House management
- Heart of House Management: part 1
- Heart of House Management: part 2
- Safety, security, and risk management
- Resort marketing and sales promotion
- Managing resort financial resources
- Reflections and Revelations: global issues in resort tourism
Short Course Finance to fund your future
You now have the option to fund your course with a short-term loan with FeverTree Finance. Follow the quick and easy application process with pre-approval within seconds!