Spa: A Comprehensive Introduction
This course may carry credits towards the Higher Certificate in Hospitality Management (SAQA ID 88062, NQF Level 5) if certain conditions are met
10 weeks (5–10 hours per week)
R6 700 (inclusive of all textbooks and examination fees, excludes textbook delivery costs).
Students receive the IHS and AHLEI Short Course Certificate after successful completion.
This course introduces students to the world of spa, taking a comprehensive look at subjects ranging from the history and cultural development of spas to spa terminology and financial realities. The course takes students through a typical day from a spa director’s perspective, examines the qualities of outstanding service, and discusses industry trends and future directions.
What does the programme cover?
- Types of spas and spa-goer, spa philosophy and the integration of mind, body, and spirit.
- Spa practices and traditions in various world cultures throughout history.
- Evolution of the spa industry and the influence of spa on contemporary society.
- Social, market, technology, treatment, industry, and environmental trends in the spa industry.
- Achieving superior service by creating memorable experiences.
- Various treatments in the areas of massage, fitness, hydrotherapy, body treatments, and skin care.
- Revenue and cost centers
- Career opportunities in the spa industry.
- The job role of resort, destination, and day spa directors.
- Leadership strategies and skills.
- Ethical issues that affect spas.
Short Course Finance to fund your future
You now have the option to fund your course with a short-term loan with FeverTree Finance. Follow the quick and easy application process with pre-approval within seconds!