Organisational Risk Management
10 weeks (5-10 hours per week)
R6 700 (no textbook or final examination)
Students receive the IHS and AHLEI Short Course Certificate after successful completion.
Risk management has long been a key part of project management and it has also become an increasingly important part of organisational best practices. Corporations have realised that effective risk management can not only reduce the negative impact of crises; it can provide real benefits and cost savings. Hospitality operations are no different. The ability to identify and manage risk, has become part of every staff member’s daily job function.
The risk management framework provided in this course is flexible allowing you to apply it to a single project, a department, or use it as a basis for an enterprise-wide risk management programme. This course is suitable for all staffing levels.
What does the programme cover?
- Define risk and risk management
- Describe the COSO ERM cube and ISO 31000
- Establish a risk management context
- Describe the 7 R’s and 4 T’s that form the framework of risk management activities
- Design and complete a basic risk assessment
- Determine the appropriate response to risks and create a plan for those responses
- Describe the key components of reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of a risk management programme
Short Course Finance to fund your future
You now have the option to fund your course with a short-term loan with FeverTree Finance. Follow the quick and easy application process with pre-approval within seconds!