Managing Housekeeping Operations
This course may carry credits towards the Higher Certificate in Hospitality Management (SAQA ID 88062, NQF Level 5) if certain conditions are met
10 weeks (5–10 hours per week)
R7 300 (inclusive of all textbooks and examination fees, excludes textbook delivery costs).
Students receive the IHS and AHLEI Short Course Certificate after successful completion.
Efficient housekeeping operations are a business imperative for any lodging operation. This module provides a thorough overview of housekeeping operations, which include hiring and retaining a quality staff, planning and organising the daily activities of the department, including the technical details required for cleaning each area of a typical lodging establishment.
- The role of housekeeping in a hospitality operation.
- Environmentally- friendly procedures for sustainable housekeeping.
- Plan and organise the work of the hospitality housekeeping department.
- The role executive housekeeper in managing human resource concerns such as diversity, turnover, recruitment, selection, training, scheduling, and motivation.
- Managing inventories for linens, uniforms, guest loan items, machines and equipment, cleaning supplies, and guest supplies.
- Budgeting and control of expenses in the housekeeping department.
- Security concerns and the role that the members of the housekeeping department play in creating a safe and secure property.
- Laundry operations.
- Guestroom cleaning including room assignments, inspections and turndown service.
- Describe the selection and care considerations for beds, linens, and uniforms.
- Cleaning and maintenance of different types of carpeting and floors.
- Areas of a guest bathroom and how to select and care for each element.
Short Course Finance to fund your future
You now have the option to fund your course with a short-term loan with FeverTree Finance. Follow the quick and easy application process with pre-approval within seconds!