Managing Front Office Operations
This course may carry credits towards the Higher Certificate in Hospitality Management (SAQA ID 88062, NQF Level 5) if certain conditions are met
10 weeks (5–10 hours per week)
R6 700 (inclusive of all textbooks and examination fees, excludes textbook delivery costs).
Students receive the IHS and AHLEI Short Course Certificate after successful completion.
Students learn to increase front office efficiency and help sales grow with the knowledge and skills gained from the completion of this module. Topics include revenue management and the latest technology applications. This module shows how front office activities and functions affect other departments and focuses on how to manage the front office to ensure the property’s goals are met.
What does the programme cover?
- Classification of hotels in terms of their ownership, affiliation, and levels of service.
- The various functional areas within hotels.
- Front office operations during the four stages of the guest cycle.
- The reservations process and tools managers use to track and control reservations.
- The registration process and creative registration options.
- Typical service requests that guests make at the front desk.
- Important issues in developing and managing a security program.
- Creating and maintaining front office accounts.
- Functions and procedures related to the check-out and account settlement.
- Cleaning responsibilities of the housekeeping department.
- The front office audit process.
- Ratios and formulas used to forecast room availability.
- Revenue management including capacity management, discount allocation, and duration control.
- Effective hiring and orientation of front office staff.
Short Course Finance to fund your future
You now have the option to fund your course with a short-term loan with FeverTree Finance. Follow the quick and easy application process with pre-approval within seconds!