Hospitality Sales and Marketing
10 weeks (5–10 hours per week)
R7 300 (inclusive of all textbooks and examination fees, excludes textbook delivery costs).
Students Receive an AHLEI Short Course Certificate after successful completion
This module examines the development and implementation of a marketing plan. Various approaches are considered in the sale of rooms and food and beverage services to business and leisure travellers, travel agents, and meeting planners. The importance of Global Distribution Systems (GDS), digital channels and other technologies are considered as important elements in the distribution of the hospitality product.
- Trends that affect marketing and sales in the hospitality industry.
- The key steps of a marketing plan.
- Duties and responsibilities of positions typically found in a hotel marketing and sales office.
- The presentation sales call.
- Effective telephone communication
- Internal marketing and sales.
- Advertising, public relations, and publicity.
- Meeting the needs of business travellers, leisure travellers, travel agencies, meeting planners
- Marketing hospitality products and services to international travellers, honeymooners, sports teams, and government travellers.
- Trends affecting the food and beverage industry, positioning strategies and techniques for restaurants and lounges.
- Hotel marketing and sales of catered events and meeting rooms.
Short Course Finance to fund your future
You now have the option to fund your course with a short-term loan with FeverTree Finance. Follow the quick and easy application process with pre-approval within seconds!