Food Safety: Managing with the HACCP Process
This course may carry credits towards the Higher Certificate in Food and Beverage Management (SAQA ID 88063, NQF Level 5) if certain conditions are met
10 weeks (5–10 hours per week)
R7 300 (inclusive of all textbooks and examination fees, excludes textbook delivery costs).
Students receive the IHS and AHLEI Short Course Certificate after successful completion.
This module presents a systems approach to food safety that answers public health concerns, reduces sanitation risks, and ensures satisfaction for food establishment guests, staff members, and owners. This online food and safety course further explores the implementation of sanitation quality, cost control, and risk reduction standards in a food service operation.
- Control points in the food service system.
- HACCP principles and plan
- The temperature danger zone (TDZ)
- Causes of food contamination, infections, and intoxications.
- Handling a foodborne illness complaint.
- Personal health and hygiene practices necessary in a food establishment.
- Menu planning and purchasing control points.
- Inventory controls, standards, and procedures at the receiving control point.
- Inventory classification, perpetual and physical inventory systems, and other inventory control measures.
- The issuing control point.
- Special food safety concerns and reduction of risks at the preparing control point.
- The cooking control point, and measures for reducing risks at this control point.
- Measures for protecting food at the holding and serving control points.
- Food safety responsibilities for food servers.
- Proper use and care of equipment at the serving control point.
- Types of soil found in food service operations, and describe cleaning agents and sanitisers.
Short Course Finance to fund your future
You now have the option to fund your course with a short-term loan with FeverTree Finance. Follow the quick and easy application process with pre-approval within seconds!