Convention Management and Service
10 weeks (5 - 10 hours per week)
R6 700 (inclusive of VAT and all textbooks and examination fees, excludes textbook delivery costs)
Students receive the IHS and AHLEI Short Course Certificate after successful completion.
The course provides the most current and comprehensive coverage of the convention industry, with an in-depth look at conventions and meetings market, how to successfully sell to groups and how to service their business after the sale.
Today’s meeting planners are knowledgeable and professional, and they expect their contacts in the hospitality field to exhibit these qualities as well. Planners are tech-savvy, and they expect hotel sales and service people to understand how to best communicate with them and to anticipate and be able to meet their specific technical needs.
What does the programme cover?
- Introduction to the convention, meetings and trade show industry
- Developing your marketing plan
- Organising for convention sales
- Selling the association market
- Selling the corporate meetings market
- Selling other markets
- Selling the meetings market
- Advertising to the meeting planner
- Negotiations and contracts
- The service function
- Guest rooms
- Preparing for the event
- Function room and meetings setups
- Food and beverage service
- Audiovisual requirements
- Admission systems and other services
- Exhibits and trade shows
- Convention billing and post-convention review
Short Course Finance to fund your future
You now have the option to fund your course with a short-term loan with FeverTree Finance. Follow the quick and easy application process with pre-approval within seconds!