Conference and Events Management- An Introduction
10 weeks (5–10 hours per week)
R7 300 (No textbook or final exam for this course).
Students receive the IHS Short Course Certificate after successful completion.
Although it does take plenty of creativity to design an event that is memorable and meaningful, it also takes careful attention to detail, adaptability, effective delegating, and a lot of work. This self-paced course will walk you through the process of event management, from the beginning stages of planning, to the final touches (like decorations, food, and music). While this course is specifically for corporate event planning, the elements here can also be applied to more personal event planning. Essentially, we’ll be creating an effective and well planned design that is ready for implementation and can be used over and over again.
What does the programme cover?
- Event planning essentials
- Budgeting basics and managing contracts
- Using the committee approach
- Connecting with partners and sponsors
- Advertising and marketing
- Selecting the venue
- Feeding the masses and business etiquette
- Celebrating diversity
- Selecting speakers and a master of ceremonies
- Adding the finishing touches
- Event day roles
- Closing the event and gathering feedback
Short Course Finance to fund your future
You now have the option to fund your course with a short-term loan with FeverTree Finance. Follow the quick and easy application process with pre-approval within seconds!