City & Guilds Diploma in Food Preparation and Culinary Arts Programme
10 Months Maximum (Self-paced)
R45 000 Talk to us about our payment options.
City & Guilds Diploma in Food Preparation and Cooking (Culinary Arts)
You must be 16 years or older.
Recommendation: To be currently working in a hospitality industry kitchen with a minimum of 2 years experience, or have successfully completed City & Guilds Certificate in Food Preparation & Cooking
This programme aims to develop the learners ability to research plan and implement food products, recipes, and menus which ensure advanced practice in food preparation, cooking and presentation.
Upon completing this programme, graduates will be able to produce advanced dishes in a professional kitchen as a senior Chef. In addition, graduates may pursue higher level employment opportunities in food production operations.
Study this programme if you are already working in the kitchen and have some basic knowledge of food preparation, cooking and presentation, usually from a role where youve been supervised.
- 12 Modules / Over 70 Practical Tasks / 100s of Recipes
- More than 400+ Instructional Recipe Videos
- Receive an Internationally Recognised Certification from City &Guilds upon completion of the Exams.
During this programme you will be gaining the following knowledge and skills:
- Safety at Work
- Food Safety in Catering
- Prepare Food for Cold Presentation
- Healthier Foods & Special Diets
- Prepare, Cook and Finish Stocks, Soups & Sauces
- Prepare, Cook and Finish Fish & Shellfish
- Prepare, Cook and Finish Meat, Poultry & Offal
- Prepare, Cook and Finish Vegetables, Fruits & Pulses
- Prepare, Cook and Finish Rice, Grain, Farinaceous Products & Egg Dishes
- Prepare, Cook and Finish Bakery Products
- Prepare, Cook and Finish Hot & Cold Desserts and Puddings
- Catering Operations, Costs and Menu Planning