The hospitality industry requires workers who thrive on working with people, enjoy teamwork and multitasking, are cool, calm and collected under pressure and constantly flexible.
Although many occupations in the hospitality industry do not require a formal education, business and management positions in the field often require formal qualifications such a diploma or at least a Higher Certificate.
Hospitality management is an academic field that explores operational and administrative strategies for hotels, bed & breakfasts, guest houses, restaurants, coffee shops, clubs, and other tourism establishments. Like other areas of management, hospitality managers work to reduce costs, maximize profits, and create sustainable business plans.
Hospitality Management courses cover the fundamentals of business finance and guest services. Working in hospitality can also be hectic at times, and students are taught how to solve problems quickly in high-pressure situations. Hospitality Management courses also teach how to accommodate a range of clients and create a positive experience for guests.
Today, many students who are interested in hospitality management are choosing to earn their qualifications online, rather than in a classroom.
IHS Online offers a range of Hospitality Management Courses to suit your needs, from full qualifications:
- Hospitality Management (12-Course Package)
- Food and Beverage Management (12 Course Package)
- Higher Certificate in Hospitality Management
- Higher Certificate in Food and Beverage Management
- Higher Certificate in Hospitality Management (Spa Operations)
To specialisation courses:
- Club Management Specialisation Package
- Food and Beverage Specialisation Package
- Human Resources Management Specialisation Package
- Spa Management Specialisation Package
- Rooms Division Specialisation Package
And individual 10 week specific programmes:
- Hospitality Sales and Marketing
- Convention Management and Service
- World of Resorts from Development to Management
- Managing Beverage Operations
- Hospitality Revenue Management
And many more.
Our online hospitality management courses are tailored to the challenges of working professionals. Learn at your own pace while engaging with others dong the same hospitality management courses through our discussion groups, build your network, and gain the education and skills you need to succeed.
So do you think you have what it takes? If you’re up for the challenge, enrol with IHS Online for the best online hospitality management courses available.